The Integrated Precipitation and Hydrology EXperiment (IPHEX) seeks to characterize warm season orographic precipitation regimes, and the relationship between precipitation regimes and hydrologic processes in regions of complex terrain. IPHEX includes two major activities:
1. The development, evaluation and improvement of remote-sensing precipitation algorithms in support of the Global Precipitation Measurement Mission (GPM) through a NASA GPM ground validation field campaign: IPHEX-GVFC
2. The evaluation of Quantitative Precipitation Estimation (QPE) products for hydrologic forecasting and water resource applications in the Upper Tennessee, Catawba-Santee, Yadkin-Pee Dee and Savannah river basins: IPHEX- HAP (H4SE). NOAA HMT has synergy with this project.
IPHEX2014 Science Plan - V4 doi: 10.7924/G8CC0XMR
- Click here to access disdrometer and rain gauge data from the IPHEx IOP.
News, Events, Records
- NASA portal for IPHEX
- NASA portal for previous PMM-GV Field Campaigns
- NOAA Hydrometeorology Tesbed - HTM Southeast
- Weather Ballon launches from University of North Carolina-Asheville thanks to Prof. Douglas Miller
- NOAA radar data portal for MRMS and NOXP: ascii files and images
- Dr. Ana P. Barros Research Group